Terms and Conditions ( and other bits)
We acknowledge that not all will be relevant in every booking but please read all the points below)
There is nothing scary on this page or anything silly hidden from sight but you are advised to check what's here to see how it affects you when using the website and/or our services.
* The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
* Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
* Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
* All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
* Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
* From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
* Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
*The terms (including but not limited to) ‘bigfoot’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website and or services.
* It is the bookers legal responsibility to comply with and ensure that current Health and Safety regulations are in place and and any place of performance is fit for the use intended. A safe electrical supply must be provided. All outside situations (marquees / outbuildings) must be dry and undercover and made safe for electrical use and insulated from the ground.
* Smoke machines can only be used with the prior written consent of the venue management.
* Strobe lighting and other lighting effects will only be used if requested and booked by the you and therefor you will take responsibility for any outcome that may arise from the use of such lighting (including but not limited to epilepsy and/or associated illness's).
* A minimum clear floor space is required of 3 meters x 2 meters with a head height of 2.5 meters. With a minimum of 2 x 13 amp power sockets within sensible reach of the set up area (please check if unsure). Adequate tables/work tops may need to be provided for use by the DJ and or entertainer.
* At least 45 minutes is required for setting up and 45 minutes to dismantle and reloading equipment. This must be taken into account when planning any arrangements.
* In the event of any damage to or loss of any equipment or materials provided by the DJ for the purpose of the performance by any occurrence or by person/s on the premises other than by the DJ directly, the booker shall be liable to pay in full for the repair or replacement cost of equipment and the hire of necessary equipment or materials during replacement time and to compensate for any loss of work due to that damage or loss.
* The booker realises that whilst we have an excellent back up in place and every reasonable safeguard is assured we cannot be held responsible for any DJ illness, sudden malfunction or breakdown of any electrical equipment as this is an unavoidable occurence and is outside of our control. We will, however, make every reasonable effort to rectify the situation. In the extreamly unlikely occurence of a non-performance or if a total faliure occurs, the booker will be refunded the total fee but no more.
* Any delayed set up time or subsequent delayed start time due to the overrun on any prior proceedings, lack of access to the venue to set up or of situations being outside of our control will not warrant any extension of the stated finish time or any fee reduction. However, at the sole discretion of the DJ and with the permission of the venue management, an extension of these performing times may be made. The DJ will charge an additional fee representative of the main fee charged. This fee must be paid in cash to the DJ before any extra time commences.
* No persons or performers other than our own may use any of the equipment provided other than by prior consent of ourselves.
* The booker is responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event whether those persons are invited or not. We do not take any responsibility for controlling rowdy behavior or ejecting unwanted persons from the venue. Our DJ has the right to perform in a safe environment. We reserve the right to terminate our services should any physical / verbal abuse or intimidating actions be made to the DJ or venue staff, In these circumstances no refund will be given and the full fee will still be payable. If you feel that this might be a problem please ensure you have suitable security in place.
* We have the right to cancel at any time due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, no charge will be made and if possible an alternative date or entertainer/entertainment will be offered. Should we cancel all payments made will be returned.
* We take no responsibility for any loss of venue or loss of earnings, or payments to third parties/ venues howsoever caused, through our actions or yours.
* unless otherwise agreed we require a 25% deposit (of total hire charge) for all professional DJ hires at time of booking.another 25% is due 1 month prior to the booked event and all monies remaining are to be paid no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
* Cancellations of professional DJ hires up to 10 weeks before the time and date of the event day will incur no charge (any payments made early will be returned minus a £10 admin fee), any cancellations made between 10 and 4 weeks ahead of the event will forfiet the deposit, cancellations made within between 4 weeks and 24 hours of the event will incur a cancellation fee to the equivilant of 50%of the total hire charge, any other money paid remaining after the cancelation fee will be refunder. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start of the event will result in full payment still being due.
* unless otherwise agreed we require a 25% deposit (of total hire charge) for all show bookings. The remaining balance is due no later than 2 weeks prior to the booked event
* Cancellations of shows up to 10 weeks before the time and date of the event day will incur no charge (any payments made before this time will be returned minus a £10 admin fee), Any cancellations made between 10 and 4 weeks ahead of the event will forfeit 10% of the total show fee, all other paid money will be returned, cancellations made within between 4 weeks and 2 weeks of the event will forfeit 25% of the total show fee, any other paid money will be returned. Cancellations of shows between 2 weeks and 1 week of the show date will forfeit 50% of the total show fee with all other paid money being returned. Cancellations within 1 week of the date of the show will forfeit all money paid with no refunds due.
.*For murder mystery show bookings the Event organiser will arrange for a "green" room for actors from 2 hours before the event until 1 hour after the event.
* For murder mystery events the Event organiser will arrange for drinking water to be provided to the actors in the "green " room and for meals and water to be provided to the actors with the guests during the event.
Waiver and Release
1. The booker agrees that they have read and understood the terms and conditions, agreements,, waiver and release information in its entirety and will abide by the points listed at all times.
2. The booker agrees to personally accept all responsibility in connection with the hire, for any harm, injury, loss or damage including all associated risk which may occur whilst hosting, controlling and or participating in their event. and further to that confirm that they are of lawful age and legally competent to make this agreement.
3. The booker agrees that with the booking of an event from us they will exempt any part of this company and any staff representing the company from all liability whatsoever, for personal injury, property damage or death caused whilst using this equipment. By making a booking the booker acknowledges that they have read, understood and agree to accept this agreement and that they understand the nature of the activities involved and will take responsibility for ensuring that all people using this equipment (other than out staff) are physically fit, and able to participate in the event.
4. The booker accepts that the audience is out of control or that the DJ/our staff or the equipment is felt to be at risk that we reserve the right to pack down and leave the venue without notice and that all monies will still be due as it is the bookers responsibility to ensure our staff and equipment is safe during a show/performance.